Wintec Solutions has been appointed as Spot distributor for sub-Saharan Africa.
Established in 2008,Wintec has a portfolio of high involvement, technical brands, with a focus on the outdoor industry.
Spot is a line of tracking products that allow users to track anything, anytime, bringing them communication when you want it, and emergency assistance when they need it, all via satellite.
The Spot product family offers peace of mind beyond the boundaries of cellular. Whether you want to check in, make calls or monitor possessions, Spot uses 100% satellite technology to keep users connected to the people and things that matters most, all while using the world’s most modern satellite network.
Spot Trace tracks assets just about anywhere in the world, using the user’s phone or computer. It offers custom tracking interval options, motion-activated tracking, long-life battery and more.
Since its launch, Spot’s satellite technology has provided peace of mind by helping initiate more than 4,000 rescues and counting and providing GPS tracking services. Over the past five years, recreational outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, government agency employees, National Geographic explorers and photographers, and researchers are just some of the people that have benefited from using Spot.
How it works:
* GPS satellites provide signals.
* Spot messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your GPS location and sends your location and preselected message to communication satellites.
* Communication satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around the world.
* Satellite antennas and a global network route your location and message to the appropriate network.
* Your location and messages are delivered according to your instructions via email, text message, or emergency notification to the GEOS Rescue Coordination Centre.