Dell has launched three Alienware gaming hardware laptops to the local ICT channel: the Alienware Area-51m and Alienware m15 and m17.
All three are available from official Alienware distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC).
Alienware-51M is the world’s first upgradeable gaming laptop and the first to feature Alienware’s new Legend design.
The Area-51m is currently the only laptop with 9th Gen 8-core desktop processors, 64Gb2 of memory and 2,5Gbps Ethernet technology. Importantly, most of the Alienware-51m is upgradeable; the CPU, RAM, storage and GPU.
The 17-inch Alienware Area-51m’s features a 144HZ narrow-bezel display with cutting-edge thermal and cooling technology. Also, Area-51m is packed with an array of gaming must-haves including the Tobii eye-tracking technology which sits below the display and the latest Alienware Command Centre.
Alienware Area-51m features the Alienware Legend’s new brand identity and design:
- Thermal and cooling technology to achieve and sustain overclocking power;
- Improved AlienFX lighting, ultra-thin screen borders;
- A new “three-knuckle hinge” design that reduces the overall dimension while creating a stronger assembly, all combining to yield the ultimate gaming experience; and
- Two optional finishes, Dark Side of the Moon and Lunar Light, more ways for gamers to stand out from the competition.
The Alienware m15 and m17
The m17 is Alienware’s thinnest and lightest 17-inch gaming notebook weighing just 2,62kg – 40% lighter than its predecessor – while the m15 weighs in at 2,15kg. Both the laptops are constructed using a combination of premium materials such magnesium alloy and copper serving as light structural components and exceptional thermal management.
The Alienware m15 comes with the 8th-gen Intel Core i7 processors featuring dynamic CPU overclocking, thanks to elevated thermal headroom from Cryo-Tech 2.0 cooling technology. The processor is paired with the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Max-Q series which includes the 2060, 2070 or 2080 GPUs, optimised for advanced gaming.
The Alienware m17 also features Cryo-Tech 2.0 cooling with 8th-gen Intel Core i9K processors and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q GPUs. The GeForce RTX 20 Series graphic processors for laptops are powered by Turing architecture with real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence and programmable shading that enable Alienware’s thinnest, fastest and quietest laptops.
The Alienware m15 and M17 offer the following additional features:
- AlienFX customisable lighting across six zones including keyboard, power button, and LCD cover Alien head;
- Engineered for full support for Alienware Command Center technology enabling the management of system settings, game profiles, AlienFX, and with integrated special features in over 150 game titles;
- Full support for the Alienware Graphics Amplifier enabling dedicated PCI-Express bandwidth for desktop graphics cards from NVIDIA or AMD;
- Fully compatible with peripherals in the Alienware portfolio with additional accessories such as backpacks completing your mobile experience; and
- Designed with the new Alienware m-series keyboard featuring 1.4mm of travel, anti-ghosting technology, 4-zones of AlienFX RGB enabled keys, and a numeric keypad.
The Alienware m15 and m17 come in Epic Silver and Nebular Red.